Thursday

View on Money

Thought I would share a lil bit about this, since I’ve been thinking about it for awhile. Hope this can be an encouragement rather than forcing out my idea on others.

On the issue of money and the use of money, I find myself living quite a comfortable life, though of course very far from calling myself rich yet.

But looking at my income and stable life, of course that said alone, I’m quite rich to support myself and indulge in what this world has to offer. The fact that I’m graduated from University with overseas students fee also shows that I’m aiming for a rich life (JFYI: overseas students pay about 4-5x more than local students).

The recent discussion on ‘how content are we with the usage of our money’ during Grad Conference has reminded me the importance of money for God’s Kingdom. It has also given me more eye-opener to be more generous in our own giving and support for our church…

Well, at least it’s for me. I’ve remembered the discussion on the poor woman, a widow, who was giving her all for worship to God, even though it’s just two small copper coins. And I’m also reminded all over to be a cheerful giver, in any circumstances (2 Cor 9:7).

I’ve been recommended by lots of people to read this book: Beyond Greed.

On another verse:



“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty may become rich”

2 Corinthians 8:9

So, have we been generous enough in our life, even when we are poor?

Jesus sees the woman who gave the two copper coins more generous and heart to worship God. After all, if you never give when you are poor, how willing are you to give when you get richer and richer? After all this world’s possession will be useless when you no longer live in this world ….

It’s a challenge for me to live with God as a focus, rather than pursuing my career, even though it seems tempting at whole lots of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sobat, silakan isi komentar, kritik, uneg-uneg, dan saran yang membangun ya...trims